Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sons of Dis

I just finished a short zombie story taking place during Caesar's Gallic campaign. I titled it "The Sons of Dis" being that it is based on a familiar enough oath from a favorite show, HBO's ROME. I expect those who watched it to recall Vorenus saying it a number of times, Dis being equivalent to Hades, god of the underworld. I came up with that thinking about what would the Roman's have called what are essentially zombies - zombies not being a word they could possibly have used.

It was kinda fun to think about almost doing fan fiction of something I liked watching so much and yet, being that Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus were real people is it still fan fiction?
So its submitted, lets see it get accepted.

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like Fun. I've been fooling with an idea for a zombie fantasy story but so far haven't put fingers to keypad

nephite blood spartan heart said...

This was a pretty short quick tale, only 1,800 words, but that's why I like shorts, you can get the idea out and done and move on the next thing the muse offers.

Adventuresfantastic said...

I hope this one sells. I'd like to see your take on zombies.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Thanks Keith