Monday, November 17, 2014

Sword & Sorcery Noir

I dig the concept of the hard-boiled hero surrounded by dark malevolent forces and trying to solve the mystery of some demonic artifact and not knowing whether the dame helping him is up to no good or not. I grew up watching movies like The Maltese Falcon and I love Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.

There are a lot of great S&S Noir stories out there by fantastic authors like Alex Bledsoe, Joe Bonadonna, Larry Correia, Scott Lynch and I've just started Mark Smylie - more reviews coming soon.

Anyhow, Utah Geek Media has released their second issue featuring a continuing fantasy noir serial by yours truly and I just realized that they have PDF's of the issues up for all those of you out of state. I am rather proud of the serial and I'm sure I'll be using this character and setting more in the future.

Enjoy my Sword & Sorcery Noir in Walking Through Walls, presented by U Geek Magazine.

Issue 1 Chapter 1 : Kiss of the Dread Whip

Issue 2 Chapter 2 : You Can't Please Everyone

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the pub. I saw the Maltese falcon was on TV last night but didn't have a chance to watch it. Liked the book, of course.

Paul R. McNamee said...

I'll try to grab these and give 'em a read soon. Good job!

Adventuresfantastic said...

Cool. I'll work these in as soon as possible.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Me too Charles! It seemed serendipitous because I had written this blog post just a few hours earlier.

Thanks Paul!

Appreciated as always Keith!