Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Drive for Inspiration

I don't know about the rest of you my writerly friends but I get some of my best ideas while I'm driving. I may be listening to music or an audio-book, but however much I may be into either one my mind still races on about whatever story I may be playing around with and I'm constantly surprised at how the Muse can strike almost anywhere and for me its often while I'm driving down the freeway and I'm like Viola! That's it! That's what will make this story great! and then I repeat it over in my head and get home and start reconstructing whatever tale I had been playing with.

Its something I can only explain as Steven Pressfield does = The Muse - I try to be open to it and accept it wherever it comes and for me, its the open road.

So when she comes along, take the ride, write the story.

How about the rest of you?

4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I get a lot of thinking about writing done on my commute and can often fix plot holes and do plotting. So I definitely get the driving thing.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Cool Charles, I figured others had to be doing the same.

Paul R. McNamee said...

I don't miss a long commute but I do admit to wondering how many audiobooks and Doctor Who audio-dramas (from Big Finish) I could get through in a year if I had my old 30min commute.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

I'm always surprised at what comes when I'm driving, its definitely a communion with the divine Muse as far as I'm concerned.