Tuesday, February 3, 2015

FanX Recap

 Had a real good time hanging with my writer pals and making some new friends. I didn't sell as many books as I might have liked - specifically the new THE MAD SONG - but it did very well online getting as high as #1 on kindles Norse/Viking category and I completely sold out of my other collection Weird Tales of Horror - if I had had a few more copies Saturday night I would have sold them too.


I was on one panel Thursday night the Super villain Presidential debate - we ran out of time and the audience didn't get a chance to vote - due to some mishaps we did it again the next day and Michael-Brent Collings Ghost party won. But I know a lot of people were rooting for Ming the Merciless. I was on three panels Friday and none Saturday, but I had some sales because of my speaking on writing magic and talking GIJOE too.

This con I didn't bump into any celebrities unlike the last one but no big whoop there. Took a few pics to share though.
Met Ireland Reid, a very nice star cosplayer.

Friends forever

the Stig

Me and my oldest, he made the Venom costume himself.

Torgo, he even gave me a coupon for his pizza, I did not take him up on it.

Pretty good Goblin King

Even Teeghra's get thirsty

Five Nights at Freddys some video game thing my kids like.

Harley Quinn SLC a twitter friend

A fantastic Black Cat

The only Red Sonja I saw.

4 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

More pictures of you and nubile young women. Why am I not surprised? I'm clearly attending the wrong cons. :)

This appears as though the con had a strong media emphasis. Is that the case? Most of the cons I hit tend to be literary in focus, so there's not as much cosplay as the ones you tend to go to.

Is there a place I can find a listing of the other Space Balrog books?

And I would have voted for Ming.

Paul R. McNamee said...

Looks like a great time was had.

Looking forward to getting to a few cons myself this year.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Keith, I would say so, the big draw was more on the movie stars which this time around I didn't meet a single one of. I was part of a couple writing tracks but that was not the emphasis this time by any means.

Paul, right on! I know there will be at least 3-4 more I will make it to this year, maybe more.

Charles Gramlich said...

Red Sonja. Indeed!