Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Mage, Maze, Demon

Mage, Maze, Demon, by Charles Gramlich

I always enjoy a Gramlich tale and this one rocks!


We follow Bryle, a barbarian, through the fire and beyond to a cavern ~ the beginning of the maze where he is given a treacherous choice. Serve a sorcerer (how revolting) and face a demon (equally unpleasant). Its tough not to say too much regarding a short, but when its all said and done, the time you enjoy reading is well spent. I felt the sting of the flames and smoke, the scratching of claws and the surprise of life anew.

Charles always has crisp action scenes and vibrant prose and I was excited to read this as I haven't read anything from him in awhile but count myself a fan (I love his Talera books and his sword & sorcery collection Bitter Steel)  M,M,D is dripping with surprises around every corner I enjoyed it quite a lot.


As I said before it's a quick read (only being a few thousand words) but well worth the .99 cents for anyone who loves their fantasy with some grit.

Grab a copy here

6 comments:

Adventuresfantastic said...

Charles writes good stuff. I grabbed this one when it went on sale. Now I just need to get to it in the queue.

nephite blood spartan heart said...

It's a quick read.

I highly recommend his Talera books and the collection Bitter Steel.

I need to order his others too.

Charles Gramlich said...

Thanks, man. I much appreciate it!

nephite blood spartan heart said...

You're welcome Charles!

Prashant C. Trikannad said...

I have enjoyed reading Charles' short stories and plan to read his novels including Talera.

Riot Kitty said...

Love his stuff! Nice review.